Survey Registration Guidelines
Important Guidelines for Administering of Surveys at Adelphi University
The University policy is that the Office of Research, Assessment and Planning (ORAP) coordinates the surveying of Adelphi’s students, faculty, staff, graduates, and alumni by use of a central survey tracking system. If you are considering administering a survey, please read these Adelphi guidelines and complete the registration form.
The Office of Research, Assessment and Planning is responsible for the coordination of surveys that are administered to members of the Adelphi community. Your cooperation is requested in completing the Survey Registration Form. Please note that this form requires an Adelphi University email (@adelphi.edu or @mail.adelphi.edu) in order to submit.
A survey (including those administered online, via email or on paper) must be registered if it is to be administered to any of the following groups:
- Currently enrolled students
- Formerly enrolled students
- Recent graduates
The following surveys do NOT have to be registered:
Please be aware that any study with human subjects may require review and action by the University’s Institutional Review Board (IRB) .
- Anonymous questionnaires administered for purposes of evaluating participants’ satisfaction at an event
- Surveys of external populations (not affiliated with the University)
- Surveys for a course assignment, under the supervision of the instructor, for which the target population can be contacted directly (such as the students in the course).
Review the IRB guidelines. Only the IRB can determine if a project is exempt from its review. Registering a survey with ORAP does not constitute review by the IRB.
Questions? We’re happy to help.
If you require assistance in completing the survey registration form, are unsure as to whether your survey should be registered, or want ORAP’s assistance in developing a survey, we encourage you to contact: